How to make perfect coffee with a plunger
There's nothing I love more than a good cup of coffee. In recent years, I've found many different ways to make my own coffee and one of my favourite on the go methods to make coffee is in a plunger. I own a Bodum coffee plunger, you can check it out here in one of my previous blog posts.
How to make great tasting coffee in a plunger
Making coffee in a plunger will differ to making coffee with an espresso machine, remember this and you will then get great coffee.
- Make sure to heat up your coffee plunger, run some hot water in it for a few seconds 'til the glass is nice and warm
- Boil some water, and let cool for 1 minute
- Pour the hot water into your coffee plunger, about 2/3rds full
- Pour in 2 1/2 tablespoons of fine coffee grounds (if you pour in the coffee grounds first, they will get burnt)
- Mix slowly with a spoon and let rest for 4 minutes
- Plunge slowly and enjoy your coffee :)
You can enjoy your coffee black, or with a bit of milk. Sometimes I like to pour some milk into an empty plunger, and froth up the milk a bit before adding to my coffee.
How should the coffee taste
The coffee from a plunger will be light and should have a smooth overall flavour. If it tastes burnt, you've left the coffee to steep in the hot water too long.